OBRA is hosting a juniors only track camp June 19-20. This camp is open to any junior and will be great for novice and experienced track riders. It will also be a great opportunity to meet other juniors from throughout the state.
- Alpenrose Velodrome Track Clinic and Racing on Friday
- OBRA Junior State Omnium Track Championship Race on Saturday
- Lumberyard Indoor Bike Park skills sesh and pizza party Saturday night (each camper must have a parent or guardian fill out a Lumberyard waiver here)
- Camping at Alpenrose!
- Riders: Any junior rider that has an OBRA license
- Experience: No previous track experience is needed — that’s why we’re doing this.
- Coaches: OBRA track coaches, including coaches from many of our junior programs
- This trip will challenge you as a cyclist and open your eyes to new riding types you may not have done before.
- You’ll learn from some great coaches and ride with other kids from OR and WA teams.
- You’ll get a chance to step outside your comfort zones and push yourselves physically and mentally through a series of awesome adventures.
- Lots of off-the-bike time with other juniors to socialize and have fun
- Camp check-in is from 11:00-12:00 Friday morning
- Camp ends Saturday at 8:30 PM at the Lumberyard, or 9:00 PM back at Alpenrose
- Meals provided: Lunch, Dinner Friday; Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Saturday
- The Track Clinic, track bike rental, all race fees, camping, meals, and Lumberyard bike rental costs are all included in for $150.
- Must have a current annual OBRA license, $10 for juniors.
What to bring:
- Cycling gear: Clothing, helmet, gloves, sunglasses, cycling shoes and pedals. Bring your track bike if you have one, otherwise rental bikes will be available.
- Non-cycling clothing: We will have a good amount of off-the-bike time.
- Camping gear: Tent, sleeping bag and pad, mess kit, towel and toiletries (showers will be available and using them is highly recommended)
Additional Questions? Email Joel Fletcher, OBRA Junior Coordinator: email@example.com